In our recent webinar on the New SCCs and their alternatives, we conducted three polls of the attendees. These sought to find out:
- 1. What stage of the process they were at;
- 2. What transfer mechanism organisations are currently relying on for cross-border data transfers. And;
- 3. Whether (if it is implemented) organisations will use a new Privacy Shield for U.S. data transfers.
These polls can be found at time-stamps: 07:15, 39:40, and 41:30 in the video below:
The panel included:
- Áine Lyons, Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, at VMWare;
- Hugh Murphy, Legal Director – Brands & Privacy, at Kellogg’s Europe; and
- Sinead Garnett, Managing Director of Legal Operations & Solutions at Johnson Hana
And the webinar was moderated by Sarah Irwin, Head of Legal at Tines, and Founder of Irish Tech General Counsel (ITGC).
About Johnson Hana
Johnson Hana is Ireland’s leading alternative legal solutions provider. That means we disaggregate legal advisory and legal process work, and focus on the latter.
Legal Process Outsourcing – whereby a specific legal process is carved out and outsourced to us
Legal Process Secondments – to augment a busy legal team or fulfil a temporary requirement for an experienced legal professional.
Historically, legal advisory and legal process work were tackled and billed in the same way. This means that all legal work has been as costly and time consuming as legal advice.
It doesn’t need to be.
We deliver legal process work through a combination of innovative legal technologies, robust project management methodologies, and expert lawyers. This approach reduces client legal spend by over 50%, while also providing totally transparent reporting and billing. This leaves our clients free to focus on the strategic, advisory work that really adds value.